What do you need to know when starting in Geo as a developer? Read on to know!
For a very long time I planned to write a guide on starting in Geo. And here it is!
In this guide, I will:
- Tell you that Earth is not flat (SHOCK!) and why that’s very inconvenient;
- Define common terms (What’s projection? There’s also a coordinate system?.. OGC, OSM, WKT, WGS, ESPG?);
- Teach you All Things You Need To Know™ to become a geo-developer and build things for Geo or using Geo;
- Explain popular caveats – Dos and Don’ts – when working with Geo;
- Give you an overview of geo-technologies, industry standards, databases, libraries;
- Give you references for further reading.
I ran this workshop for my colleagues who are interested in Geo, and it was a great success! I hope you enjoy it as well.
Good luck with your journey around the globe!
One thought on “Geo Crash Course”
Comments are closed.